Speaking up safely is at the heart of safety and engagement at Southern DHB. And to feel safe in speaking up people need to know HOW to speak up. This is the reason why we are now offering 'Speaking Up Safely' e-learning, created by April Strategy, to help our people develop the skills and confidence to make difficult conversations easier.
This risk management education package is basic and a requirement for certification. The training should be undertaken by all staff on a two yearly basis.
This module primarily assists staff to understand the appraisal process before having an appraisal.
On completion of this module you will be able to:
- Define what supervision is, including the three functions of supervision.
- Define your role and responsibilities as a supervisee.
- Recognise the role and responsibilities of your supervisor and define the different roles of supervisor, professional leader, team leader, and/or line manager.
- Describe the benefits of supervision.
- Describe how to prepare for a supervision session. Explain what to do if supervision is not working well.
This module is for managers to gain knowledge of the current recruitment process when employing staff and to learn practical tools which can be applied to the effective recruitment and selection of staff.
This workbook contains a lot of useful information regarding smoking and the use of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) to assist your practice in improving the health and comfort of the 1 in 5 of your patients who currently smoke.
The NRT Standing orders provide you with an excellent ‘hands on’ tool to help patients to manage their Nicotine withdrawal. In this way, you are helping patients to stay comfortable, reducing levels of distress and agitation whilst improving clinical outcomes such as improved oxygenation, quicker wound healing and more.