This page provides extra support for common issues
Area Specific Support:
- Auckland District Healthboard: LearnDev@adhb.govt.nz
- Counties Manukau Health Staff: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hauora Tairawhiti:Praveena.email@example.com
- Hawkes Bay BDHB: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hutt Valley DHB: email@example.com
- Lakes DHB:Training.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MidCentral DHB:Education@midcentraldhb.govt.nz
- Nelson Marlborough DHB: email@example.com
- Northland DHB:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Southern DHB: email@example.com
- Taranaki DHB: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waikato DHB: LearningDevelopmentHR@waikatodhb.health.nz
- Wairarapa DHB: email@example.com
- Waitemata DHB: e-Learning@waitematadhb.govt.nz
- Whanganui DHB: eLearning.Whanganui@wdhb.org.nz
- All other partners: please consult the designated e-Learning contact at your organisation
To reset your password, submit your username or your email address below (only enter one) in https://koawatealearn.co.nz/login/forgot_password.php
If the system can find you in the database, an email will be sent to your email address, with instructions how to get access again. If you still cannot login, contact your local area specific support. Area specific support
Registering (creating) a new account in LEARN
First check if you have an existing account from your current or previous employment. Do not create another account. Contact your local DHB area specific support to update your account to your current employer and keep your existing record of learning intact.
Registration for LEARN is currently only available to partners and associates of Ko Awatea LEARN. If you are a member of the following groups you will be able to register and create an account (by clicking the login button at the top right of your screen). If you are not a member of the list below please contact your local DHB listed above or consult the designated e-Learning contact at your organisation for help.
- Auckland District Health Board
- Auckland University of Technology (through Waitematā DHB)
- Counties Manukau Health
- Hawkes Bay District Health Board
- Hauora Tairawhiti
- Health Alliance
- Hutt Valley District Health Board
- Lakes District Health Board
- Manuaku Institute of Technology (through Counties Manukau Health)
- MidCentral District Health Board
- Middlemore Clinical Trials
- Nelson District Health Board
- Northland District Health Board
- Southern District Health Board
- Taranaki District Health Board
- The University of Auckland (through Auckland DHB)
- Unitec (through Waitematā DHB)
- Waikato District Health Board
- Wairarapa District Health Board
- Waitematā District Health Board
- Whanganui District Health Board
Find a course
Finding courses is easy; once logged in simply click the 'FIND COURSES' button in the top menu (above), and either navigate through the categories till you find your course, or use the search box.
Finding your way around a course
Course pages are usually organised by topic - each topic containing information, learning resources and activities. The top of a course page will explain what activities and resources you'll need to do to complete the course. To launch a resource or activity click on the name (this is a button on your course page).
Your course page may have been designed various ways. A standard LEARN course page will have columns down the left or right and learning resources in the central/main part of your page. Generally these resources will be buttons that you click to access.You may also have access to some useful links to the left or right of your page, for example, People, Activities, Forums.
Your course will generally be set up with completion conditions and these can be found at the bottom of the page. When you have accessed your material, you'll see a 'tick' next to it. When you first access your course page, take some time to read the requirements, and to explore the different resources and tools available to you. If the course has a grade to pass mark, you can view your grades by clicking on the grades link; found in the left hand side of the course page, under 'settings'.
When your colleagues or learners post a message in any of the discussion forums, you can read the messages in two places:In the discussion forum on the course page when you are logged in In your email box if you are subscribed to the forum (see below on how to subscribe and unsubscribe)
- To reply to a course message that you received in your email box, use the Reply link in the bottom right of the window. When you click on this link you will be asked to log into your course page. Try to remember not to use the reply function in your email software, as this will not reply to the whole group; just to the individual. You also have the option to view the entire discussion before you decide to reply. Click on ‘See this post in context’ to go directly to the course page and the discussion. If you don’t wish to have forum messages in your email inbox, you can decide to ‘unsubscribe’ from the forum.
- When you open the forum resource, click on the link ‘Unsubscribe from this forum’ and follow the instructions. You will still be able to see the discussions but you will need to log into the course page to see them.To view a discussion, click on the title of the discussion in the left column (Discussion). You will then see all the postings within this discussion. If you want to start a new conversation, click on ‘Add a new discussion topic’. This ensures that conversations are structured, especially when there are several components/issues/parts in your answer. Don’t forget to type in your subject. Choose a subject name that is clear for your readers. When you want to continue a conversation that was started by one of your colleagues, go to his/her message and click on reply in the bottom right corner of the message. You will see a screen with the selected message followed by this box: Whether you start a new discussion topic or reply to an existing one, make sure you post your message. Write your message in the box and, when you have finished, go to the bottom of the page and click on ‘post to forum’.
Subscribing to forums:
Subscribing to a forum means that you also get the postings sent to the email address you have assigned to your LEARN account. Everybody is subscribed to the news forum, because that is the way your facilitator is able to get hold of you, even if you don’t log into the course page. You can decide whether or not you want to keep track of what is going on in the course page without constantly logging in. You can subscribe in one go, using these steps:
- You can subscribe to all forums at once by clicking on ‘Forums’ in the ‘Activities’ block on the left hand side of your course page.
- You will see all the forums of the course listed. The last column of the table tells you whether you are subscribed or not.You can choose which resource you want to be subscribed to from the column by clicking on the ‘yes’ or ‘no’ or you can subscribe/unsubscribe to all forums at once by clicking on the (un)subscribe to all forums on the top right corner.
- You can click on ‘subscribe to all forums’ in the top right corner of the page. Alternatively you can manage the forums you want to subscribe to from the list. Click on the ‘No’ in the column on the right and it will become ‘Yes’.
- Another way of subscribing/unsubscribing is in the forums themselves. Click on the forum and go to the top right corner of the page to subscribe or unsubscribe.
Using My Reports
Click 'My Reports' in the top menu to view your available reports. Currently the report you will be able to see is the 'My Training | Course Completion Report'. To use a report simply click the report name to view the report. If you are not able to see a report you were expecting, contact your area specific support in the first instance.
What is My Learning?
"My learning" may be accessible via your dashboard. It shows you:
- My Courses - Provides a link to all courses you are currently enrolled in LEARN
- Tasks - Provides a list of system tasks that require your action
- Alerts - Provides information on any critical actions needed
- Recent Learning - Provides statistics and information on what you having been doing in LEARN
- My Latest Badges - Provides a list of the latest badges you have received from completing courses and tasks
Pop up blocker
A number of LEARN courses use pop-up images and video to display extra information. Sometimes your browser will block these pop-ups and cause you to miss out on this information. Use the google search to discover how to enable pop-ups in your browser.
Content not displaying
Some browsers are better at displaying some content. You may want to switch browsers if you are having trouble viewing a particular course. Consider switching to Chrome or Firefox. As Internet Explorer support is ending from Microsoft, this browser is not recommended.