Welcome to the New Zealand Global Trigger Tool e-learning programme.
The aim of this e-learning course is to provide a training resource for new and current users of the Global Trigger Tool methodology.
The GTT was developed by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) to identify and quantify patient harm through systematic medical record review. The background and methodology is described in the IHI White Paper which provides the basis from which this e-learning course and the associated Implementation Guide have been developed:
By the end of this programme, reviewers will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of the GTT and where it sits in the context of a patient safety framework
- Carry out a medical record review using the standardised GTT Process
- Accurately identify, classify and document patient harm
- Analyse the data and present the findings
- Work with relevant clinical groups to use the data to inform organisational improvement efforts
- Key Contact: Ashika Maharaj